Missoula and Western Montana | Montana's News Leader®

Morning Rounds: Carbon Monoxide Dangers

MISSOULA – We answer your medical questions every Wednesday on Montana This Morning during Morning Rounds.

If you have a question that you’d like us to answer, just send us an email at morningrounds@kpax.com.

Dr. Blair Davison with St. Patrick Hospital discusses the dangers of carbon monoxide during the January 10, 2019 edition of Morning Rounds.


The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has more information on the dangers of carbon monoxide on their website, including the following:

You Can Prevent Carbon Monoxide Exposure

  • Do have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil, or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year.
  • Do install a battery-operated or battery back-up CO detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds leave your home immediately and call 911.
  • Do seek prompt medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning and are feeling dizzy, light-headed, or nauseated.
  • Don’t use a generator, charcoal grill, camp stove, or other gasoline or charcoal-burning device inside your home, basement, or garage or near a window.
  • Don’t run a car or truck inside a garage attached to your house, even if you leave the door open.
  • Don’t burn anything in a stove or fireplace that isn’t vented.
  • Don’t heat your house with a gas oven.
  • Don’t use a generator, pressure washer, or any gasoline-powered engine less than 20 feet from any window, door, or vent.
MTN News

MTN News

Scroll to top
Skip to content